ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Looking for new dish ideas? Try the Squash gnocchi with butter and sage served with grilled squash, it's an easy and tasty Italian recipe.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category First course
- Recipe yield 4
How to prepare squash gnocchi with butter and sage
- Steam the potatoes for approx. 30 minutes until cooked.
- Dice 750 g squash and steam over boiling water for approx. 15 minutes until soft.
- Peel the potatoes and put them and squash through a potato ricer.
- Allow the steam to evaporate thoroughly.
- Add 1 tsp salt, a pinch of nutmeg, 2 tbsp oil, the parmesan, egg and flour, and knead to a smooth dough which holds its shape well.
- Add more or less flour as needed.
- Shape the dough into finger-width sausages and cut into chunks approx. 2 cm wide.
- Place on a floured tea towel to rest for 1 hour.
- Heat the oven to 200°C (180°C in a fan oven), gas 6 and line a baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- Meanwhile, finely slice the remaining squash.
- Mix with the rest of the olive oil, season with a little salt and spread over the tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until brown.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Add the gnocchi and cook over a low heat for approx. 5 minutes.
- They are cooked when they float to the surface.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the sage and garlic.
- Fry gently.
- Use a slotted spoon to lift the gnocchi out of the water and toss in the flavoured butter.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper and serve with the roasted squash.
You can sprinkle parmesan on top of your squash gnocchi if desired.