ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Learn how to make a classic split pea soup flavored with carrots, onions, and celery. Serve with a side of crusty bread for a filling lunch or dinner.
- Low-sodium chicken broth 1 1/2 litres
- Split peas, rinsed 350g | 2 cups
- Celery stalks, rinsed, trimmed and finely diced 3
- Carrots, peeled and finely diced 3
- Onion, peeled and finely chopped 1 large
- Worcestershire sauce 1 tbsp
- Ground cumin 1/2 tsp
- Freshly cracked ground pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley 2 tbsp
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category First course
- Recipe yield 8
1. Preheat oven to 375º F.
2. Place all ingredients except the parsley in a large ovenproof pot, such as a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
3. Cover pot and place in preheated oven. Cook for 1 hour or until the peas are tender.
4. Ladle hot soup into serving bowls. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with crusty bread.