ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Easy to prepare, this rich and savory risotto with squash and Gorgonzola Italian cheese is a perfect autumnal vegetarian dish.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category First course
- Recipe yield 4
Here is how to prepare a deliicious risotto with squash and Gorgonzola
- Heat the oven to 200°C (180°C in a fan oven), 400°F, gas 6.
- Arrange the diced squash on a baking tray. Mix with 2 tbsp oil and season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Roast in the oven for around 25 minutes until golden.
- Fry the leek and garlic in the remaining oil for 1-2 minutes without covering.
- Stir in the rice, fry together until translucent then deglaze with the wine and orange juice.
- Allow the liquid to be absorbed by the rice.
- Cover with stock.
- Stirring from time to time, allow the liquid to be absorbed by the rice then cover again with stock.
- Continue in this way until the risotto is creamy while the rice retains a slight bite (approx. 20 minutes).
- Stir in the orange zest, Gorgonzola and thyme.
- Finally, fold in the squash, season to taste with salt and ground black pepper, and serve.