ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Follow the steps of this easy recipe to make a delicious risotto with radicchio salad, an Italian speciality that spreads over the Italian provinces of Treviso.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category First course
- Recipe yield 4
How to prepare a delicious risotto with radicchio
- Slice the radicchio in half lengthways. Set 1 piece aside.
- Slice the other piece crossways into strips.
- Heat the oil and half the butter in a wide shallow pan.
- Cook the onions and garlic until soft, then add the radicchio strips and the rice and cook, stirring until the rice is translucent.
- Pour in the wine and cook until absorbed.
- Add the stock, a ladleful at a time and cook until absorbed before adding more.
- Continue, stirring, until all the stock is used.
- Stir constantly until the rice is almost cooked, but still with a slight bite.
- Heat the broiler (grill).
- Add the thyme, cheese and remaining butter to the risotto and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Season the reserved piece of radicchio with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Place on the broiler and cook, turning, for 7-10 minutes, until tender, reducing the heat towards the end of cooking time.
- Slice the grilled radicchio and serve on top of the rice. Serve with Parmesan.