ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Learn how to prepare rigatoni with veal and beans ragù: it's a tasty pasta recipe perfect for a comforting dinner with friends.
- Recipe category First course
- Recipe yield 4
- Recipe cuisine Italian
How to prepare rigatoni with veal and beans ragù
- Peel and dice the carrots and celery.
- Peel and finely chop the onions and garlic.
- Wash the tomatoes, drop into boiling water for a few seconds, then skin, deseed and cut into pieces.
- Heat the oil in a stew-pot and brown the carrots, celery, onions and garlic.
- When the vegetables are lightly browned deglaze with red wine.
- Then add the tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Add 150 ml of the meat stock and all the herbs.
- Cover and simmer over a low heat.
- Tie kitchen string around the veal slices and sauté quickly in oil in a frying pan.
- Remove from the pan and add to the vegetables in the stew-pot.
- Cover with the vegetables, put a lid on the pot and braise over a very low heat for 2.5 hours.
- Keep adding more meat stock.
- Drain the beans and add 15 minutes before the end of cooking time.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the rigatoni in plenty of salted water until al dente and serve immediately with the sauce.
A glass of red wine goes well with this dish.