ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Looking for a new ravioli recipe? Try to prepare this amazing dish of ravioli with beetroot filling, served with pine nuts and rocket.
For the dough
For the filling
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category First course
- Recipe yield 4
How to make ravioli with beetroot filling, pine nuts and rocket
For the pasta dough
- Combine the flours, xanthan gum, salt, and water in a bowl.
- Mix briefly until just combined, and then create a well in the middle.
- Crack the eggs into the well and add the oil. Knead for 5-6 minutes to form a smooth dough; if necessary add a little more flour or a little water if too wet or dry.
- Shape into a ball, wrap in clingfilm, and leave to rest at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Split the dough into four pieces and roll out each piece through a pasta machine into long sheets; reduce the thickness setting with each pass of the dough through the machine until you reach about 0.5 cm | 0.25" thickness.
For the filling
- Combine the beetroot with the dairy-free soft cheese in a food processor.
- Blend on high until smooth; loosen the mixture by blending in a little hot water if needed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place two sheets of pasta on a lightly floured surface.
- Spoon teaspoons of the beetroot filling in a line on the sheets of pasta, spaced apart.
- Drape the other sheets of pasta on top to cover, pressing around the fillings to seal the pasta sheets together.
- Cut out the ravioli with a fluted ravioli or small cookie cutter.
- Arrange completed ravioli on a large tray dusting with plain flour mix and set aside, covered loosely with a tea towel, until ready to cook.
- When ready to cook, brush off any excess flour from the ravioli.
- Drop into a saucepan of boiling, salted water and cook until they float, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the water with a slotted spoon.
- Drain on kitchen paper and cover loosely with aluminium foil to keep warm.
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan set over a moderate heat until golden and aromatic.
- Arrange the cooked ravioli on plates and top with the pine nuts and rocket.
- Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil before serving.