ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Italian pasta with penne and pesto is a delicious and easy lunch or dinner to make. Find out more about the ingredients and the step by step recipe!
For the pesto
- Basil leaves to garnish
- Penne rigate 400 g
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category First course
- Recipe yield 4
- Recipe cuisine Italian
How to Make Pasta with Pesto
1. Cook the penne in well salted boiling water until al dente.
2. In the meantime dry roast the pine nuts in a frying pan until golden brown. Remove from pan and reserve.
3. Wash the basil and shake dry. Remove the leaves from the stems.
4. Peel the garlic. Chop finely.
5. Place the garlic, reserved pine nuts, basil and oil in a food processor and process until a smooth pesto forms. Mix in the Parmesan and season to taste with salt, pepper and a dash of lemon juice.
6. Drain the noodles well then mix with the pesto.
7. Place the pesto in bowls and serve garnished with basil leaves.