ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Looking for new spicy recipes? Try this vegetable water Korean kimchi soup called Nabak Kimchi: it's an easy and delicious first course.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category First course
- Recipe yield 4
How to prepare the Korean Nabak Kimchi soup
- Slice the cabbage in half and chop into pieces of approximately 3x3 cm in size.
- Using a large bowl, place a layer of cabbage in the bottom and sprinkle some salt on top.
- Continue adding layers of cabbage and salt. Finish with salt.
- Cover the bowl with an inverted plate and weight it with a stone (or other heavy object).
- Place in a cool dark place for 4-5 days.
- Pour off the fluid and wash the cabbage thoroughly under cold, running water.
- Carefully squeeze any additional water from the cabbage.
- Remove the roots and any ragged ends from the spring onions and wash them. Cut into 3 cm long pieces.
- Peel the garlic cloves and finely chop them.
- Thinly slice the daikon.
- Wash the chilli peppers and slice them into rings.
- Put the chilli peppers, spring onions, garlic, daikon, ginger and sugar into a saucepan and add the broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the cabbage and continue cooking for approximately five minutes.
- Season to taste with soy sauce and serve the Nabak Kimchi.