ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Just follow the simple steps below to prepare a mouthwatering rigatoni bake with minced meat, it's a great everyday meal for the family.
- Pork 400 g, minced meat
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Carrot 1, very finely diced
- Celeriac 100 g, very finely diced
- Onion 1, very finely diced
- Garlic 1 clove, very finely diced
- Tomato purée 2 tbsp
- Red Wine 150 ml
- Meat stock 250 ml, strong
- Tomato 400 g, or passata
- Rigatoni 400 g
- Mozzarella 80 g, grated
- Parmesan 80 g, grated
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category First course
- Recipe yield 4
- Recipe cuisine Italian
How to make a tasty rigatoni bake with minced meat
- Brown the minced meat in hot oil, stirring, until crumbly.
- Add the carrot, celeriac, onion and garlic and fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée, deglaze with the wine and pour over the meat stock.
- Season with salt, ground black pepper and a pinch of sugar and stir in the tomatoes.
- Half cover and simmer for around 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add more stock if required and check the seasoning.
- Boil the rigatoni in salted water until still very al dente.
- Heat the grill function on the oven and brush a casserole dish with oil.
- Drain the pasta thoroughly and tip into the dish.
- Pour the sauce over the top, sprinkle with the Parmesan and grill for 10-15 minutes.