ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Mexican chicken soup is ideal for lunch or dinner when you are craving a warming soup with a hint of spice. It is packed with protein and good-for-you veggies.
- Recipe category First course
- Recipe yield 1
How to Make Mexican Chicken Soup
1. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan set over a moderate heat. Saute the onion for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it starts to soften.
2. Add the chopped tomatoes, paprika, chili powder and stock, bringing the mixture to the boil, then reducing to a simmer.
3. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, then add the chicken to the saucepan and simmer for a further 8-10 minutes. Stir in the sweetcorn once the chicken is cooked.
4. Adjust the seasoning if necessary then ladle into small soup bowls. Garnish with a slice of chili, a corn tortilla chip and parsley leaves.