ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
This warm and filling Mediterranean pasta bake with courgettes, tomatoes and mozzarella, is a perfect everyday meal for the family.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category First course
- Recipe yield 4
How to make a tasty Mediterranean pasta bake
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) | gas 4.
- Grease a rectangular baking dish with some olive oil.
- Cook both pastas together in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water until 'al dente, ' about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large sauté pan set over a medium heat until hot.
- Add the courgettes and a pinch of salt, sautéing until just softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, remove from the heat, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pastas when ready.
- Return to the pan they were cooked in and add the vegetables, stirring to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into the prepared baking dish and top with the grated mozzarella and chopped parsley.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the cheese is golden-brown and bubbling.
- Remove the pasta bake from the oven and let stand briefly before serving.