ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Looking for a new tasty first course idea? Try to prepare this lemon risotto recipe, served with Mackerel and crunchy Parmesan wafers.
- Parmesan 200 g, grated
- Olive oil 3 tbsp
- Onion 1, finely diced
- Garlic 1 clove, finely diced
- Rice 350 g, risotto
- White wine 150 ml, dry
- Lemon 3 unwaxed, 2 of which zested and juiced, 1 sliced
- Vegetable stock 1 l
- Celery 2 stalks, finely sliced
- Thyme 2 sprigs, leaves finely chopped
- Crème fraîche 125 g
- Black olives 45 g
- Mackerel 1 small, smoked , skinned, boned and torn into fairly large pieces
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category First course
- Recipe yield 4
How to make Lemon Risotto with mackerel and Parmesan wafers
For the Parmesan wafers
- Crisps, heat the oven to 220°C (200°C in a fan oven), 425°F, gas 7 and line a baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- Place a round pastry cutter on the baking tray and spread a thin layer of grated Parmesan inside.
- Remove the ring and repeat with further portions of cheese in the same way.
- Place the tray in the oven for approx. 5 minutes until the cheese has melted and is light brown and bubbling.
- Remove the tray from the oven immediately and allow the cheese discs to cool slightly, then remove from the tray and cool completely on a wire rack so that they are hard and crispy.
For the risotto
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil and fry the onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes until translucent.
- Add the rice and fry together briefly, then deglaze with the white wine and lemon juice.
- Add the stock a little at a time for the next 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice is cooked but retains a slight bite and the risotto is creamy.
- Fry the sliced lemon in a griddle pan in 1 tbsp olive oil until it has clear grill lines, then take out of the pan and put to one side.
- Approximately 5 minutes before the end of the risotto cooking time, add the celery, then stir in the thyme, lemon zest and crème fraîche and season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
- Divide the risotto between bowls and top with the olives and mackerel.
- Serve garnished with the Parmesan chips and grilled lemon slices and, if desired, strips of lime zest.