ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Here is an easy and quick way to prepare a delicious tofu laksa, a vegetarian version of the Malaysian-spiced soup served with noodles.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category First course
- Recipe yield 4
How to make a tasty tofu laksa with noodles
- Heat a wok or large deep frying pan until hot.
- Add half the oil and swirl to coat.
- Add half the mushrooms and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining oil and mushrooms, then remove from the pan.
- Add the laksa paste to the pan and stir for 1 minute until aromatic and the oil from the paste separates.
- Add the stock and coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Cook gently 5 minutes.
- Put the noodles into a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Set aside for 3 minutes until almost tender.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Add the mushrooms and tofu to the pan, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until reduced slightly.
- Mix together the sugar and lime juice and stir into the pan.
- Divide the noodles between warm serving bowls.
- Pour over the tofu laksa and garnish with bean sprouts, coriander leaves and sliced chilli.