ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Looking for a new warming and healthy soup recipe? Try this mouthwatering kale soup served with meat dumplings, pearl barley and lemon.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category First course
- Recipe yield 4
How to make a kale soup with meat dumplings, pearl barely and lemon
- Wash and roughly cut up the kale and sweat in butter.
- Finely chop the garlic, add to the pan and sweat both together for a couple of minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, then the pearl barley, lemon rind, ginger, a pinch of nutmeg and salt.
- Cover and cook over a low heat until soft.
- Mix the mince with the breadcrumbs and egg and season with salt and pepper.
- Form into dumplings and drop into the soup.
- Cook gently for about 5 minutes, until done.
- Peel the lemons thickly with a knife, removing all the white skin and cut out segments, cutting inside the inner skins.
- Season the soup to taste with pepper and serve garnished with lemon segments.