ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Just follow the simple steps below to prepare a mouthwatering Mie Kuah, an Indonesian fried curried noodles recipe.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category First course
- Recipe yield 4
- Recipe cuisine International
How to make Indonesian Mie Kuah
- Peel and chop the garlic.
- Trim the spring onions. Thinly slice the white parts and reserve the green parts.
- Trim the lemon grass, slice thinly, then chop finely.
- Peel, slice and then chop the ginger.
- Put the spring onion slices, lemon grass, ginger, garlic, curry powder and cumin into a mortar and grind to a fine paste.
- Cook the noodles in hot water according to the package instructions then drain, refresh in cold water and drain well.
- Finely shred the spring onion leaves.
- Wash and dry the banana leaves and use to line four bowls or deep plates.
- Scatter with shredded spring onion. Cut the chicken meat into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the meat.
- Add the curry paste, fry briefly, then add the stock and coconut milk.
- Season with salt, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and mix in the noodles.
- Check the seasoning and warm through over a very low heat, stirring carefully from time to time.
- Meanwhile wash the cucumber, peel if you wish and cut notches along its length.
- Then slice the cucumber.
- Serve the curried noodles in the banana leaf bowls, garnish with cucumber slices and serve immediately.