ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
This green cabbage and chickpea curry is a great and spicy everyday soup for the family. Follow the easy steps below to prepare it at home!
- Cabbage 600 g, green, stem removed
- Onion 1, diced
- Garlic 1 clove, diced
- Chili pepper 1 red, chopped
- Ginger 1 tsp, fresh, grated
- Vegetable oil 2 tbsp
- Mushrooms 150 g, halved
- Turmeric 1 tsp, ground
- Cumin ground
- Vegetable stock 400 ml
- Coconut milk 200 ml
- Chickpeas 300 g, tinned, rinsed
- Lemon juice 1 - 2 tsp
- Coriander to garnish
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category First course
- Recipe yield 4
How to make a delicious Green Cabbage and Chickpea Curry
- Blanche the cabbage in salt water for around 3 minutes.
- Drain and cut into wide strips.
- Fry the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger in hot oil for 1-2 min.
- Add the mushrooms, turmeric and a pinch of cumin and then add the stock.
- Add the cabbage and coconut milk, season with salt and simmer for around 20 min.
- If necessary add more stock.
- Add the chickpeas and leave to steep for around 5 min.
- Season your green cabbage and chickpea curry with lemon juice and salt and serve garnished with coriander.