ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Simili Sisters' recipe and video recipe will teach you all the secret to make potato gnocchi
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category First course
- Recipe yield 6
- Recipe cuisine Italian
How To Make Perfect Italian Gnocchi
1. Cook the potatoes in water until tender.
2. Holding them with a fork, peel them while still hot.
3. When they are tepid, pass them through a vegetable mill.
4. Before making the gnocchi dough, make sure the potatoes have cooled off, so that they absorb the least amount of flour, which will ensure that your gnocchi are soft.
5. Form a little pile of the milled potatoes on a cutting board and start adding the flour, just a bit at a time.
6. The final quantity will depend on the quality of the potatoes.
7. Mix together using your hands for pressure, and shape a large round cylinder, like a salami.
8. Break off a piece and shape into a smaller cylinder, about the diameter of your thumb.
9. Using a knife, cut into little stubs.
10. To give each gnocchi its shape, you can use a cheese grater in reverse (or else the prongs of a fork).
11. With your thumb, let each bit of gnocchi dough slide and press into it lightly.
12. On a tray, spread out a thin layer of semolina and arrange the gnocchi when you’ve given them their shape.
You can keep them in the refrigerator until the next day, but it’s best to cook them as soon as you’ve made them.
Watch how Sorelle Simili make this classic of Italian cuisine