ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Easy and quick to prepare, this fennel soup is a warming and creamy first course perfect for a light meal.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category First course
- Recipe yield 4
How to make a creamy fennel soup
- Heat the butter in a pan and sweat the onion and fennel very slowly without colouring until soft.
- Add the potato, fennel seeds and white wine and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the stock and simmer for around 20-30 minutes until the vegetables are completely tender.
- Liquidise in a blender, return to the pan and pour in the cream.
- Bring back to a gentle simmer and season.
- Serve the fennel soup garnished with the reserved fennel fronds.