ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
- Vegetable stock 900 ml
- Clove garlic 1, crushed with a little salt
- Spring onions 4, sliced
- Vegetable oil 1 tbsp
- Podded fresh peas 450 g
- Caster sugar 1 tbsp
- Chopped mint leaves 2 tbsp
- Salt and ground white pepper
- Greek yoghurt 150 ml
- Broad beans 150 g, weighed after podding and skinning
- Extra virgin olive oil 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice 1 tsp
- Grated vegetarian Parmesan style cheese 2 tbsp
- Recipe category First course
- Recipe yield 4
- Heat the vegetable stock. In another saucepan cook the garlic and spring onions in the vegetable oil until the onion is soft but not brown. Add the peas, and sugar and pour over the boiling stock. Cook for 12 minutes if you are using fresh peas, 4 minutes if frozen.
- In a liquidiser blend the soup with the mint. Season to taste, cool and refrigerate. When sufficiently chilled add the yoghurt.
- Just before serving combine the broad beans, white beans and spring onions with the oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and plenty of ground black pepper. Fold in the cheese.
- Make a small pile of the bean salad in the centre of four soup plates, pour the soup around and serve immediately.
Hint: replace the broad beans with a small can white beans, drained for the less time consuming option