ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
This chickpea curry is a comforting and wholesome, chunky vegan soup perfect for winter. Here is an easy and quick way to prepare it at home.
- Sunflower oil 55 ml
- Onion 1, finely chopped
- Garlic 2 cloves, miced
- Ginger 5 cm, piece of root, peeled and minced
- Cumin 2 tsp
- Coriander 2 tsp, ground
- Garam masala 2 tsp
- Paprika 1 tsp
- Sugar a pinch, caster (superfine)
- Chickpeas 800 g, canned (garbanzos), drained
- Tomato 200 g, canned, chopped
- Vegetable stock 750 ml
- Pepper freshly ground
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category First course
- Recipe yield 4
How to make a tasty chickpea curry
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan set over a medium heat until hot.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, and a pinch of salt.
- Fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add the spices and sugar, stir well, and continue to cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the chickpeas, chopped tomatoes, and vegetable stock.
- Pour everything into a slow cooker and cover with a lid.
- Cook on a medium setting for 4 hours until the chickpeas are tender.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve the chickpea curry with a garnish of coriander on top.