ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Just follow the simple steps below to prepare a mouthwatering Brussels sprout soup. Easy and quick to prepare, this is a perfect autumnal and winter dish.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category First course
- Recipe yield 4
How to make a delicious Brussel sprout soup
- Prepare and wash the Brussels sprouts and cut a cross in the base of each stalk.
- Wash, peel and dice the potatoes. Peel and finely dice the onion.
- Heat the butter in a large pan and sweat the onion until soft.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, potatoes and stock, cover and cook over a medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Puree the soup, stir in the cream and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Ladle the Brussels sprout soup onto plates and garnish with crispy bacon and blanched Brussels sprout leaves, if you wish.