ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
A simple recipe for lovers of Indian food: spiced pilau prepared with basmati rice, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, lime, almonds and raisins.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category First course
- Recipe yield 4
- Recipe cuisine Indian
1. Soften the raisins in lukewarm water.
2. Boil 500 ml water seasoned with salt, ground black pepper, the cardamom pods, cloves, saffron and cinnamon.
3. Then add the rice and simmer for approx. 15 minutes with a lid on.
4. Remove from the heat and allow to soak for a further 10 minutes.
5. Dry roast the almonds and mix into the rice along with the lime juice and the raisins.
6. Season with salt and pepper and serve garnish with lime slices and cinnamon sticks.