ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
A tasty recipe for a savory gluten-free dish prepared with (gluten-free) rigatoni, cheese and chard. It's easy to make and delicious!
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Onion 1 large, finely chopped
- Carrot 1 large, peeled and diced
- Celery 2 stalks, peeled and diced
- Garlic 2 cloves, minced
- Oregano 1 tsp, dried
- Thyme 1 tsp, dried
- Sugar 1 pinch
- Tomatoes 800 g, crushed
- Swiss chard 250 g, washed and dried
- Rigatoni 450 g, gluten-free, or other tube pasta if not available
- Cooking spray
- Mozzarella 200 g, shredded
- Black pepper freshly ground
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category First course
- Recipe yield 6
How to prepare Backed Chard Gluten-free Rigatoni
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or heavy-based saucepan set over a medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery and pinch of salt, and sweat for 6-8 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the garlic, herbs and sugar, and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Cover with the crushed tomatoes, stirring well.
- Bring to a simmer and cook steadily for 20 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) | 350F | gas 4.
- Remove any tough stalks or stems from the chard, and chop the leaves.
- Stir the leaves into the tomato sauce, cooking until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper before setting to one side.
- Cook the gluten-free rigatoni in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water until just 'al dente, ' about 8 minutes.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Coat the inside of a large oval baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add the cooked rigatoni to the tomato and chard sauce, stirring thoroughly.
- Spoon the pasta into the prepared baking dish.
- Top with shredded mozzarella and bake for about 40-50 minutes until browned on top and bubbling at the edges.
- Remove the backed gluten-free rigatoni from the oven and let stand briefly before serving.