ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
For a sophisticated taste of summer try these gently spiced mango ice lollies.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Dessert
- Recipe yield 4
Vegan mango & cardamom Ice lollies:
1. Lightly crush the cardamom pods with the back of a teaspoon. Pick out the black seeds and grind in a mortar using a pestle.
2. Purée the mango with the sugar (to taste) and lime juice in a blender or food processor.
3. Pass through a fine sieve into a bowl or measuring jug. Stir in the ground cardamom and make up the mixture to 600 ml with a mixture of coconut milk and then water.
4. Divide between a six-hole ice lolly mould. Freeze for 1 hour.
5. Remove from the freezer and gently push lolly sticks into the lollies. Return to the freezer for another 2-3 hours until solid.
6. Once solid, remove from freezer and let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.