ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
An easy recipe to make sticky toffee puds, a classic dessert with a twist: check out all the ingredients and step-by-step preparation.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Dessert
- Recipe yield 4
How to prepare delicious sticky toffee puds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan)|gas 4.
- Grease four individual ramekins with a little of the butter.
- Combine the dates, water and bicarbonate of soda in a saucepan, warming over a medium heat until it approaches boiling point.
- Remove from the heat and set to one side.
- Place the flour in a large mixing bowl and cream together 175 g of the sugar with 110 g of the butter in a separate bowl until pale.
- Beat in the eggs, one by one, and then beat in the vanilla extract and baking powder.
- Fold through the flour in thirds and then the date mixture.
- Spoon into the ramekins and bake for 30–35 minutes until risen and a cake tester comes out almost clean from their centres.
- Remove the pudding from the oven and leave it to cool slightly on a wire rack.
- Warm together the cream and Golden Syrup with the remaining sugar and butter in a saucepan set over a medium heat, stirring, until smooth and thickened.
- Turn out the puddings and serve with the sauce poured over.
Add a couple of tablespoons of dark rum to the sauce for a boozy version.