ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Here is how to prepare a make Russian fudge, a very easy sweet Russian recipe to enjoy with family and friends!
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Dessert
- Recipe yield 8
- Recipe cuisine East European/Russian
How to prepare a delicious Russian fudge
- Butter a 20cm|8" square baking tin.
- Put all the ingredients except the vanilla, into a heavy-based pan.
- Heat slowly, stirring all the time, until the sugar has dissolved and the butter has melted.
- Increase the heat and slowly bring to a boil.
- Boil steadily without stirring for 15-20 minutes, until a little of the mixture can be rolled into a soft ball between your finger and thumb when dropped into cold water (115°C|238°F on a sugar thermometer).
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes, then beat well until the mixture 'grains' and becomes thick and creamy and loses its gloss.
- Pour into the tin and cut into squares when set.