ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Learn how to prepare a delicious rhubarb spice cake: it's an easy and mouthwatering recipe to make at home.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Dessert
- Recipe yield 8
How to make an exquisite rhubarb spice cake
- Put the rhubarb, sugar and water in a pan and bring to a boil, stirring.
- Cover and simmer gently for 2 minutes, until softened.
- Remove the lid and cook, uncovered, for about 8 minutes, until the liquid has reduced and the rhubarb is soft. Set aside to cool.
- Heat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) gas
- Grease 9 mini loaf tins.
- Beat the butter and golden syrup in a mixing bowl until blended.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, until incorporated.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and spices and stir to combine.
- Spoon into the tins and spoon 2-3 teaspoons of the rhubarb down the centre of each.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes (depending on the size of your loaf tins), until cooked through.
- Cool in the tins for 5 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool completely.