ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
These madeleines with a sweet surprise of fresh raspberries and lime zest are ideal for breakfast or tea time. Learn how to prepare them with this easy recipe.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Dessert
- Recipe yield 8
How to prepare delicious raspberry and lime madeleines
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170° fan) gas 5.
- Grease two 12-hole Madeleine moulds with a little butter.
- Lightly dust with flour, tipping out the excess.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl until pale and thick, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract, lime zest, and salt, beating thoroughly to incorporate.
- Fold in the sifted flour and then gradually stir in the melted, cooled butter until fully incorporated and the batter is smooth.
- Spoon about 1 tbsp of the batter into each hole of the moulds.
- Stud the batter with raspberries.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until golden-brown and puffed.
- Remove the moulds to wire racks to cool for 5 minutes.
- Gently turn out the raspberry Madeleines from the moulds and garnish with a dusting of icing sugar and some lime zest before serving.