ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Quince pudding is a mouthwatering dessert recipe easy to prepare and perfect for breakfast or for a sweet snack.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Dessert
- Recipe yield 4
Follow these steps to prepare a delicious quince pudding
- Peel, halve and core the quinces and cut into thick slices.
- Heat the port in a pan with the cinnamon stick and bring to a boil.
- Add the quince slices and remove from the heat. Cover and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 200°C (180° fan) gas 6.
- Butter a pie dish or baking dish.
- Remove the cinnamon stick from the quinces.
- Put the quince slices and the liquid in the baking dish.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a mixing bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the buttermilk and sugar and mix to form a soft dough.
- Put tablespoons of the dough on top of the quince slices and bake for about 25-30 minutes until golden brown.