ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
This gooseberry and rhubarb crumble is a delicious dessert perfect for any occasion. Try to make it at home following the easy steps below!
For the fruit
For the pastry base
For the crumble topping
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Dessert
- Recipe yield 8
How to make a delicious gooseberry and rhubarb crumble
- Dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm milk.
- Sieve the flour into a bowl, stir in the yeast mixture, together with the sugar, egg, egg yolk, salt, rum and the soft butter. Knead to a soft, springy dough.
- Dust the dough with flour, then place in a bowl and cover.
- Put in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size.
Prepare the crumble topping
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and rub together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Cover and place in the fridge to chill. 4 Preheat the oven to 220°C | gas 7.
- Knead the dough again and leave to rest again for 10 minutes.
- Now roll out the dough on a floured surface and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Prick all over with a fork.
- Cover the pastry base with breadcrumbs.
- Place the rhubarb pieces and the gooseberries in rows on the pastry base.
- Mix the sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle over the rhubarb.
- Let the pastry proof for 15 minutes.
- Now sprinkle the crumble topping over the rhubarb and gooseberries and bake on the lowest shelf in the oven for about 35-45 minutes. (Cover the cake with aluminium foil if it gets too dark).
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Dust with icing sugar, cut into slices and serve.