ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Discover how to prepare sugar-free and gluten-free macaroons: a complete recipe for delicious macaroons that are also suitable for gluten intolerants!
For the macaroons
For the vanilla filling
For the chocolate filling
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Dessert
- Recipe yield 8
SUGAR AND GLUTEN-FREE MACAROONS RECIPE
To prepare the gluten-free macarons:
1. Start blending the powdered xylitol and ground almonds in a food processor until very fine.
2. Whisk the egg whites with the salt until soft peaks form.
3. Gradually whisk in the xylitol until the mixture is thick and glossy.
4. Add the almond mixture into the meringue and mix well.
5. Divide the mixture into separate bowls and add a few drops of colouring to each bowl.
6. Spoon (or pipe) the mixture in small rounds onto 2 baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper.
7. Leave to stand for 15 minutes to form a slight skin.
8. Heat the oven to 160°C (140° fan) .
9. Bake for about 15 minutes until firm.
10. Cool on the baking trays for a few minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
For the gluten-free macaroons vanilla filling
1. Beat the butter until soft. Sift in the powdered xylitol and beat until smooth. Beat in the vanilla.
2. Spread the filling onto 1 half of each gluten-free macaroon, top with the remaining half and press lightly.
For the gluten-free macaroons chocolate filling
1. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering (not boiling) water.
2. Remove from the heat and allow to cool and thicken.
3. Warm the cream slightly and dissolve the instant coffee in it. Allow to cool and then whisk until stiff.
4. Fold the coffee cream into the cool melted chocolate.
5. Spread the chocolate filling onto 1 half of each gluten-free macaroon, top with the remaining half and press lightly.