ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Try these gluten-free Cuban guava cakes, they're an easy dessert idea or a delicious way to start the day.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Dessert
- Recipe yield 8
How to prepare gluten-free Cuban guava cakes
- Heat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) gas 4.
- Grease a 20cm|8" square baking tin.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla and beat well.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Spoon half the mixture into the tin, spreading it evenly.
- Cover the mixture with the guava slices and pour the remaining mixture on top.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into slices to serve.