ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
An alternative recipe for a yummy panna cotta topped with delicious flambée banana discs and cinnamon: it's a great dessert for any special occasion.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Dessert
- Recipe yield 4
How to make flambée banana panna cotta
- Soften the gelatine in cool water.
- Split the vanilla pod in two and scrape the seeds out with a knife.
- Put the vanilla pod and seeds into a pan and heat with the milk and cream.
- Gently heat until it boils then withdraw from the heat and remove the vanilla pod.
- Add the softened gelatine sheets (after shaking off any excess water)and stir in the milk/cream mixture until it dissolves.
- Add the condensed milk and mix until well blended.
- Pour into 6 ramekins and place in the fridge to cool for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, peel and cut the bananas into discs.
- In a pan heat the butter until it dissolves, then cook the banana discs for minutes.
- Sprinkle them with brown sugar.
- Un-mold the panna cotta onto plates and divide the flambée banana discs between them, sprinkle with cinnamon and serve.