ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
An aromatic spice cake with a chocolate topping ideal for a different kind of Christmas dessert tray, easy to bake and keeps for days. Learn how to make it!
For the cake
For the topping
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Dessert
- Recipe yield 1
Christmas Spice Cake Recipe with Chocolate
1. Heat the oven to 190°C (170°C in a fan oven), gas 5 and line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
2. Mix together the honey, sugar and egg until creamy. Add the cinnamon, cloves and orange and lemon zest.
3. Add the candied peel and the nuts and stir in the kirschwasser. Add the flour and the baking powder and add enough milk to give the dough a soft texture.
4. Spread the dough evenly over the cookie sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
5. Heat the jam and spread it over the still warm cake. Then immediately cut the cake into slices and let cool.
6. Melt the couverture and the butter in a bain marie and glaze the individual pieces.
7. Allow to dry before serving. Store in a container in the fridge.