ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Crepes suzette with orange are one of those classic French desserts that every home cook should know. Check out the recipe below!
For the pancakes
For the oranges
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Dessert
- Recipe yield 4
For the crepes suzette
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, flour, salt, and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the water, oil, and melted butter, and continue to whisk until smooth.
- Melt a small knob of butter in a non-stick frying or crepe pan set over a medium heat until hot.
- Add a small ladle of the batter, tilting the pan to coat the surface evenly.
- Cook for about 45-60 seconds until set and golden-brown spots form underneath the crepe.
- Flip and cook for a further 15-20 seconds before sliding out of the pan onto a plate.
- Cover loosely with aluminium foil to keep warm.
- Cook the remaining crepes.
For the oranges
- Pare the zest from one orange and cut it into thin strips.
- Remove any skin and pith from the oranges with a sharp knife.
- Cut either side of the membranes to release the segments into a bowl.
- Melt the butter in a large frying or sauté pan set over a medium heat until hot.
- Add the sugar and cook until golden in appearance.
- Stir in the orange juice, Grand Marnier, and Cointreau, and bring to a simmer.
- Ignite with a safety match and flambé until the flames subside.
- Add the orange segments and zest, swirling to coat.
- Fold the crepes and arrange on plates.
- Spoon over the orange sauce and serve immediately.