ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Try this delicious dessert samosa recipe that uses store-bought pastry and tinned pineapples that cuts down on your cooking time.
For the Samosas:
For the Mango Purée:
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Dessert
- Recipe yield 8
For the samosas:
- Heat 1.5L oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan to 180°C/355F. Use a thermometer to accurately gauge the temperature.
- Mix together the pineapple and chocolate in a small bowl.
- Wet the rims of the samosa wrappers with water and fold into a triangle before forming a cone around your fingers, sealing one edge, but keeping the case open.
- Fill with the pineapple filling before sealing well, wetting the rim again if necessary; press the edges between your fingers to seal well.
- Deep-fry, in two batches, for 3-4 minutes each time until golden-brown, turning the samosas over in the hot oil once or twice.
- Carefully remove the cooked samosas to a plate lined with kitchen towels, covering loosely with aluminium foil to keep warm as you cook the remaining samosas.
For the mango purée:
- Combine all the ingredients for the purée in a food processor; substitute the rum for water if not using.
- Cover and blend on high until smooth, scraping down the sides of the processor from time to time as needed.
- When ready to serve, arrange the samosas on serving platter and serve with a bowl of the mango purée.