ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Here is how to prepare delicious chocolate and peanut butter mini-cheesecakes topped with chocolate ganache and roasted peanuts. Check out the recipe below!
For the biscuit and peanut base
For the cream cheese filling
For the ganache topping
You will also need
- Cheesecake pan 1 mini, with removable bottom
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Dessert
- Recipe yield 8
How to prepare delicious chocolate and peanut butter cheesecakes
- Heat the oven to 180°C (160°C in a fan oven), gas 5.
- Coat the mini-cheesecake moulds with cooking spray.
For the base
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the digestive biscuit crumbs and peanuts and pulse several times or until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add the melted butter, sugar and cinnamon.
- Pulse a few more times to combine. Divide the crust mixture between the cheesecake moulds, pressing firmly into the bottom (the base of a small glass works well for this).
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 150°C (130°C in a fan oven), gas 2.
For the cheesecake filling
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Sprinkle with flour and add the eggs one at a time, mixing until creamy.
- Divide the filling into two equal portions.
- Add the peanut butter to one and the cocoa powder to the other; mix each until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon a layer of the chocolate cream cheese filling over the bases and smooth the top with the back of a spoon.
- Repeat the process with the peanut butter cream cheese filling.
- Bake until just set, about 20 to 22 minutes.
- Rotate the pan halfway through baking to promote even baking. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool, chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Remove from the pan.
For the topping
- Place the chopped chocolate in a small bowl.
- In a small saucepan, bring the cream to a gentle simmer over medium heat.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and leave to stand for about 2 minutes.
- Whisk gently until a smooth ganache has formed, then add the butter and whisk until completely blended.
- Leave the ganache to rest at room temperature until slightly thickened.
- When the ganache reaches the proper consistency, spoon into a piping bag fitted with a decorative nozzle.
- Pipe the ganache onto the chilled chocolate and peanut butter cheesecakes and sprinkle with roasted peanuts.