ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
A luscious French dessert you can't miss: try this alternative version of madeleines with chocolate and almonds, ready in about 30 minutes from start to finish.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Dessert
- Recipe yield 8
How to make chocolate and almond madeleines
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together until they have doubled in size and are light and fluffy.
- Slowly fold in the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Add the almond extract and chocolate.
- Slowly add in the melted butter, gently folding to keep as much air in the mixture as possible.
- When mixed cover the bowl and put in the fridge for at least 30 mins
- Put a spoon of the mixture into a well buttered Madeleine tray so that each mould is about two thirds full.
- Bake in the oven at 190C for around 7 minutes until risen.
- Leave the chocolate and almonds madeleines to cool in the tin for 5 minutes and then turn out.