ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Looking for a new dessert recipe? Try this mouthwatering carrot mug cake with a delicious cream cheese topping.
For the batter
For the topping ,
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Dessert
- Recipe yield 4
How to make the carrot mug cakes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) | 350F | gas 4.
- Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Add the melted butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla extract, beating well to combine, 2-3 minutes.
- Fold in the grated carrots until thoroughly combined.
- Divide the batter between four greased ovenproof mugs and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes until risen and springy to the touch; a tester will come out clean from their centres.
- Once all the mug cakes are cooked, set aside and prepare the topping.
How to make the topping
- Beat together the cream cheese and icing sugar with a little hot water for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Break a small piece off from the fondant and colour with dabs of green food colouring.
- Knead well until evenly coloured.
- Divide into four and shape into stalks with a tip of a sharp knife or a pastry scalpel.
- Colour the large remaining piece of fondant with dabs of orange colouring.
- Knead well until evenly coloured and smooth.
- Divide into four pieces and shape into carrots.
Use a sharp knife to detail the carrot and then attach the stalks in place.
How to garnish the mug cakes
- Spoon the cream cheese icing on top of the mug cakes.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios and the fondant carrots.