ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Learn how to prepare Black Forest cake with this special recipe from Germany. You'll love this decadent cake with layers of flavor!
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Dessert
- Recipe yield 8
How To Make Black Forest Cake
1. To prepare the sponge cake, start sifting together the flour and cocoa powder.
2. Take a large bowl and whisk the eggs adding 100g of caster sugar. They will be ready when they are particularly soft and foamy; add flour and cocoa, then turn.
3. Pour the mixture into a previously greased and floured cake mold. Place in preheated oven for half an hour at 180 ° C.
4. In the meantime, cook the cherries (in some areas of Austria and Italy black cherries are used), put them in a saucepan with three or four tablespoons of water and the remaining sugar. Cook over a low heat for about fifteen minutes, then place the cherries in a bowl.
5. At this point, thicken the bottom of the compote left over high heat and pour it over the cherries. Whisk the cream, adding the icing sugar and the kirsch.
6. Take the disc of sponge cake, which will now be cold, and cut it into 3 discs. Put the cherry compote and the whipped cream on the base of a first disc. Repeat the operation with the other two discs.
7. Finally cover the whole cake with whipped cream, garnish with flaky chocolate chips and cherries in syrup on top of the cake.