ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
The Anzac biscuit is a classic tea time snack in Australia and New Zealand that started as a wartime treat. Find out how to make the eggless oat biscuit!
- Recipe category Dessert
- Recipe yield 1
- Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F. In a large bowl, add the oats, flour, sugar and coconut. Mix to combine.
- Place the golden syrup and butter in a saucepan over low heat. Melt the butter, stirring continuously to prevent it from burning.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the bicarbonate of soda with the hot water. Immediately add to the butter mixture.
- Add the butter mixture to the oat mixture and stir well to combine.
- Scoop out a heaped tablespoon of the mixture and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Press down with your hands to flatten each ball to 7cm rounds, placing them an inch apart from each other on the tray to allow for room to spread.
- Bake for 8–10 minutes or until deep golden. Allow to cool on baking trays for 10 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Makes 30-36 Anzac biscuits.