ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Looking for new gluten-free ideas to serve for brunch? Try this tasty Onion and Polenta quiche with Tomatoes and Gorgonzola.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Brunch
- Recipe yield 8
How to prepare a delicious tomatoes and Gorgonzola quiche
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan set over a moderate heat until golden and aromatic.
- Tip into a bowl and set aside.
- Bring the water to a boil in a large saucepan set over a moderate heat.
- Add 1 tsp salt, stir to dissolve, and then add the polenta.
- Bring the polenta to a simmer, stirring frequently for 2-3 minutes with a whisk or wooden spoon.
- Continue to cook over a low heat for 35-40 minutes until thick, stirring from time to time and adding more water to loosen the polenta if needed.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180° fan) | gas 6.
- Grease a 23 cm | 9" wide round baking dish with some olive oil.
- When the polenta is ready, stir in the margarine and nutritional yeast.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into the prepared baking dish and top with the cherry tomatoes, blue cheese, and pine nuts.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden on top.
- Remove from the oven and let cool briefly on a wire rack before serving with a garnish of basil.