ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Looking for new gluten-free brunch recipes? Try this tarte flambée made with pumpkin, bacon, onions and pears and topped with pumpkin seeds and basil.
- Flour 280g, gluten free, plus extra for dusting
- Yeast 7 g, fast-action, dried
- Xanthan gum 1 1/2 tsp , if not included in flour
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Water 175 ml, warm
- Olive oil 3 tbsp, plus extra for brushing
- Creme fraiche 200 ml
- Pumpkin 1/2 small, peeled, thinly sliced
- Bacon 100 g, streaky, chopped
- Onion 2, red, roughly chopped
- Pear 1, peeled and sliced
- Pepper to taste
- Pumpkin seeds 1 - 2 tbsp
- Basil leaves
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Brunch
- Recipe yield 4
How to make a tasty tarte flambée with pumpkin and pears
- Combine the flour, yeast, xanthan gum, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add the water and oil and mix to a smooth dough.
- Put into an oiled bowl and cover with a damp tea towel.
- Leave in a warm place to rise until doubled in size.
- Heat the oven to 200°C (180° fan) gas 6.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface into a large oval.
- Place on the baking tray.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Spread the creme fraiche on the dough and top with pumpkin, bacon, onions and pears.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes until golden and the vegetables are tender.
- Garnish the tarte flambée with basil.