ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
A cozy vegetarian brunch dish for all the family, easy to prepare: try this swiss chard quiche with ricotta cheese and pine nuts.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Brunch
- Recipe yield 4
- Sieve the flour onto a clean work surface and make a well in the middle.
- Place the egg and a pinch of salt in the middle of the well.
- Add knobs of butter, using a knife to chop up into small pieces and rub together to make a smooth dough.
- Wrap in clingfilm and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, wash and drain the Swiss chard.
- Cut the green leaves into strips and chop the stalks into 2 cm pieces.
- Wash and finely chop the spring onions. Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Place the Swiss chard pieces and spring onions into the pan and fry until almost tender, stirring continually.
- Add the sliced green leaves and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 °C. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and place in a greased dish ca. 28 cm in diameter, leaving a 3 cm high edge.
- Prick the base of the pastry all over using a fork.
- Mix the ricotta cheese with the eggs and the cream.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Spread half of the mixture onto the pastry base.
- Scatter the Swiss chard over the top and then the remaining ricotta-cream mix.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese and the chopped pine nuts over the top and continue to bake for another 15 minutes.