ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
A classic French recipe: learn how to make creamy spinach quiche from scratch: this delicacy with fresh cheese, rich in iron and taste, will melt in your mouth!
For the pastry
For the filling
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Brunch
- Recipe yield 6
- Recipe cuisine French
How To Make This French Delicacy
1. Heat the oven to 200°C (180C fan) 400F, gas 6.
2. Pour the flour onto a work surface in a heap and add the salt.
3. Make a well in the middle and scatter with the butter.
4. Crack the egg into the well, add 2-3 tbsp of lukewarm water and cut all ingredients together with a knife to a crumbly consistency.
5. Knead quickly to a dough with your hands, form into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for around 30 minutes.
6. To make the filling, melt the butter in a pan and gently fry the leeks and garlic until soft.
7. Mix the cream cheese with the eggs, cream and half the parmesan to a smooth consistency.
8. Add the spinach, garlic and leek and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
9. Roll the pastry out between two sheets of plastic wrap and use to line a 26 cm diameter greased tart pan.
10. Pour the filling into the pastry case and smooth the surface, sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan and bake for around 40 minutes until golden brown.