ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Just follow the simple steps below to prepare a vegetarian and savoury version of tarte tatin, made with artchoke. It's a tasty dish idea perfect for brunch.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Brunch
- Recipe yield 4
How to make an artichoke tarte tatin
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- In 4 individual blini pans, melt 25g of the butter in each over a medium-high heat, shaking and swirling if necessary to coat.
- Place a sprig of thyme in the butter then layer the artichoke slices on top, season and cook on a medium-low heat for roughly 10 minutes.
- At the same time roll the pastry out on a lightly floured surface to the thickness of 1 cm and cut into rounds that are slightly larger than the blini pans.
- Prick a few times and lay on top of the artichoke, tucking the edges in to deal.
- Brush the top of the pastry with the beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and risen.
- Remove the tarts from the oven when ready and let them settle for a few minutes before attempting to turn out onto warmed plates.
- Serve the artchoke tarte tatin immediately with a sprig of thyme.