ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Here is how to prepare a delicious appetizer for your next brunch: try these scones topped with smoked salmon, cream cheese and cucumber strips. Yummy!
For the scones
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Brunch
- Recipe yield 8
How to make Scones with smoked salmon and cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (200° fan) | 425F | gas 7.
- Grease and line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Stir together the flour, salt, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the butter and rub into the dry ingredients with your fingertips until the mixture resembles rough breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the Cheddar and then the milk until you have a rough dough, adding more milk as needed to bring it together.
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out to 2 cm | 0.75" thickness and cut out about 12 rounds with a round cookie cutter, approximately 4-5 cm | 1.75-2.25" thick.
- Arrange on the lined tray.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until golden and risen.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Cut the scones in half, and spread with cream cheese, and top with smoked salmon, cucumber strips, and dill sprigs before serving.