ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Looking for an easy brunch dish idea? Try this mushroom and goat's cheese pie recipe, it's simple to prepare but delicious!
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Brunch
- Recipe yield 4
How to make a delicious mushroom and goat's cheese pie
- Heat the oil and butter in a large saute pan and fry the lardons until golden brown.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for 6 minutes, then add the garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the marsala and let it evaporate off.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, then leave to cool.
- While the filling is cooling, make the pastry.
- Rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add just enough cold water to bring the pastry together into a pliable dough.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180 fan) | gas 6.
- Roll out the pastry into a large circle on a lightly floured surface.
- Spoon the mushroom filling into the centre, then fold the edges over and crimp together to form a one-crust pie.
- Transfer the pie to a baking tray or large tart case.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the pastry is cooked through underneath.
- Crumble over the goat's cheese and garnish with winter savoury, then serve immediately.