ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Learn how to prepare delicious gluten free buckwheat burgers, perfect for brunch. If you wish, you can serve the burgers with beetroot.
- Buckwheat groats 200 g (kasha)
- Vegetable stock 400 ml
- Chickpeas 400 g (garbanzos), canned, rinsed, drained
- Zucchini 1, finely chopped, excess moisture squeezed out in a cloth
- Garlic 1 clove, crushed
- Coriander 1 tbsp, chopped
- Cumin 1 tsp, ground
- Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Flour 2 tbsp, gluten free
- Sunflower oil 2 tbsp
- Parmesan 4 tbsp, grated
- Beetroot cooked
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Brunch
- Recipe yield 4
How to make a buckwheat burgers
- Heat a large frying-pan, add the buckwheat groats and dry fry until lightly toasted.
- Pour in the stock and simmer for 10 minutes, until the buckwheat is cooked and all the liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer to a bowl and leave to cool.
- Place the chickpeas in a food processor with the cooled buckwheat and the remaining burger ingredients except the oil.
- Blend to a coarse moist paste.
- Remove to a bowl, season to taste with salt and pepper and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Shape the mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the buckewheat burgers for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden.
- Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and serve.