ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Wondering how to make a delicious and crispy breaded fried chicken? Just follow the simple steps below to prepare this yummy appetizer perfect for brunch.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Brunch
- Recipe yield 4
How to make breaded fried chicken
- Whisk the buttermilk and egg together until smooth in a large mixing bowl.
- Coat the chicken pieces in the bowl, cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, garlic powder, dried thyme, paprika, salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Remove the chicken the fridge and heat the vegetable oil to 170 degrees in a deep heavy-based saucepan.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture and rest for 3-4 minutes before deep-frying in batches for 12-15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- The legs will need longer cooking times than the breast meat and the wings.
- Remove the chicken using a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve the breaded fried chicken with wedges of lemon, in bowls lined with parchment paper.